Scaling your content strategy can help you accelerate your business’ growth. But how can you scale your content creation and distribution efforts without compromising quality? Find out how:
Investing time and resources to increase the volume of content you create without compromising quality can prove beneficial for your business’ growth.
Publishing more high-quality content can help you increase your online visibility and drive more traffic to your site.
However, most marketers find it challenging to scale their content production efforts. 54% of them want to learn more about how to build a scalable content strategy.
Image via Content Marketing Institute
In fact, only 5% of marketers said that they have a completely systematic approach to produce, manage, and distribute content.
Is scaling your content marketing campaigns so difficult?
Scaling content production is not a major challenge for marketers. The problem is to maintain high-quality standards while scaling content creation.
When you increase the number of content pieces, it leads to issues like:
- Lack of authentic and relevant topics
- Overworked team, struggling to meet deadlines
- Decline in content quality due to work pressure
And the worst part?
A decline in the quality of content can negatively affect your search rankings and marketing ROI.
So, how can you scale your content marketing campaign while maintaining content quality?
Read on to find out more:
Guide to Scaling Your Content Marketing Campaign
Scaling your content marketing efforts can help you increase awareness, generate more leads, build authority in the industry, and grow your business.
Here’s how you can scale your content marketing campaigns without compromising quality:
1. Plan Your Goals and Content Strategy
To begin scaling your marketing efforts, you need a content strategy in place.
But what if you’re a startup without a properly-documented content strategy?
Then, you will need to start by identifying goals and defining your target audience. You will also have to determine the types of content you’ll use, publishing frequency, and resource allocation.
If you already have a strategy in place, then you will have to review it and analyze what content formats or channels are bringing you maximum value. You may have to optimize your strategy based on real-time performance analytics.
Why is this important?
As your business grows, your goals evolve, which makes it important for you to re-evaluate your strategy.
Go back to the basics and ask yourself:
- Have your content marketing goals changed?
- Has your target audience changed over time? Have their needs and preferences changed?
- Have you established a consistent style and tone for your branded content?
- Are there any particular formatting guidelines in place?
- Does your audience resonate better with a particular content format?
Re-assess and refine your strategy to align it with your content marketing goals and the needs and preferences of your target audience. Your content should address the concerns of your potential buyers at every stage of the sales funnel.
You also need to allocate resources effectively and make them accessible to all employees. These include training materials, style guides, formatting guides, and automated tools.
You should find ways to amplify the reach of your content to drive the desired results. For example, you can consider using influencer marketing, user-generated content, and evergreen content.
You should also try to fix issues such as missing content topics and missing keywords.
2. Establish a Content Production Plan
If you want to scale your campaigns, you need to think about scaling every process involved. This includes everything from brainstorming to writing, editing, publishing, distributing, tracking, and managing.
Want to establish a proper plan to scale your content marketing efforts?
Here are the major points you need to consider:
- Define the roles of your team members. What do you expect from them? What are their responsibilities?
Do this for the entire team of content marketing including content strategists, SEO team, writers, editors, copywriters, social media team, graphic designers, and more.
You may need to outsource some work to ensure an efficient scaling process.
- Figure out the types of content you want to create. Use past content performance reports and analytics to identify what content formats perform better. Focus on leveraging the ones that bring in the highest ROI.
- Decide on posting frequency. How often will you publish fresh content? How frequently will you update or repurpose old content?
- Subscribe to tools that can help you boost the efficiency of your content marketing processes. You can use automated tools to better manage your content marketing campaigns.
There are platforms that can help you with content planning, proofreading, scheduling, collaboration, communication, and management. They can free up some time for your team, which they can utilize to plan better.
3. Invest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Did you know that 67% of marketers consider SEO the most efficient content marketing tactic?
Image via SEMrush
SEO can help you improve your search rankings and, in turn, drive more traffic to your site.
Google emphasizes expertise, authority, and trustworthiness (EAT) while ranking content in search results. Your content should, therefore, highlight your industry experience and provide valuable information to users.
How can you rank better in the SERPs?
Let’s take a look at a few handy tips:
- Focus on niche-specific topics and content formats that bring you more traction.
- Help your audience find your content by making it easy for search engines to understand it. Include relevant keywords and their variations in your content.
- Build internal links to help readers reach older content that can provide them with more information.
- Establish your brand as an authority. You can do this by guest posting on other authoritative sites in your niche.
- Encourage your audience to share your content within their circles. High-quality backlinks can help you rank better as Google will see you as more trustworthy.
- Partner with influencers to create engaging content pieces and build quality links.
- Ensure that you have a mobile responsive and SEO-friendly website.
- Optimize your content for local searches.
- Publish evergreen content and keep updating it with the latest stats and examples over time.
Is that all?
You also need to review your website and content to ensure that you are on the right track.
For this, you can use any of the best SEO audit tools to find both minor and major SEO issues that can be affecting your search rankings. You can then fix them and optimize your website and content better for improved rankings.
4. Establish a Content Distribution Plan
Once you’ve produced high-quality content, you need to create a robust distribution plan to amplify your content’s reach.
You need to scale your distribution efforts and get your content in front of the right audience. That’s why you should re-examine your current content distribution strategies.
Here are a few questions you need to answer:
- Where do you distribute your content? How often do you share it?
- What channels does your audience visit frequently? Is there a new channel they’ve started using?
- Which distribution channels offer you a good ROI?
- Are your content distribution methods effective? Do you need to optimize them?
With the right channels, you can promote your content effectively, engage audiences, and grow your business. You can communicate directly with your potential and current customers.
Also, you should not promote all of your content across channels. Scaling your content distribution plan will require you to start by concentrating on a few channels initially. You can add more channels to the plan once you’ve mastered the current plan.
Some channels may not help you drive the desired traffic or engagement. You can also drop them from your plan.
You should continuously track and measure the performance of your content. This will help you unleash the full potential of every content piece.
5. Track Your Content Marketing Efforts
Tracking the right content marketing KPIs (key performance indicators) can help you ensure you are efficiently scaling your campaigns. They help you evaluate success, optimize strategies, and work on your weaknesses.
Tracking the right KPIs can also help you calculate the ROI of your campaign. Some important ones include traffic sources, article views, social shares, engagement, and bounce rates.
Ready to Scale Your Content Marketing Campaign?
Consistently posting great content can keep your audience engaged and help you stay relevant. It may sound like a time-consuming task, but it offers great returns.
Scaling your content marketing campaign requires you to put together a strong team, create a good content creation and distribution strategy, use SEO, and track performance.
You should analyze your current strategies and focus on leveraging the ones that bring you the highest ROI. Most important of all, concentrate on producing content that offers value to your audience.
Do you need help to scale your content marketing campaign? Let us know in the comments below.