There are a few exciting and incredible Instagram statistics that you should know if you want to use this famous photo and video sharing platform to promote your fashion brand and product and drive more traffic to your site.
The fact that people love photos makes them click at anything and everything they like, even before Instagram. They also shared these photos with their friends and relatives physically. However, with the advent of Instagram almost a decade back, the sharing of photos has become much easier. It is all due to the:
- Useful features
- Ostentatious filters and
- Easy options for sharing photos.
It is for these reasons that the platform has more than a billion active users every month and millions of business accounts. Fashion businesses can make the most out of this platform because Instagram and fashion are both about creativity.
Starting with the Instagram history statistics:
- It was launched on October 6, 2010
- The first-ever photo posted on this platform was by Kevin Systrom
- Facebook bought it on 9 April 2012 for $1 billion and
- At that time, it has only 30 million active monthly users.
However, it was only after October 2013 that Instagram allowed advertising on this platform for only a few selected brands. It is only after September 2015 that Instagram opened up advertising for all types of businesses, fashion included.
Later in June 2016, it switched to non-chronological feed, and in August the same year, it released Instagram Stories on the platform. Lastly, in June 2018, it launched IGTV or Instagram TV that allows users to upload long videos that contained more in-depth content in it.
With all these developments and inclusions of features, there is no surprise that this standalone mobile app has more than two million monthly advertisers.
Instagram usage stats
If you are wondering about the reach of Instagram when you use it for your fashion marketing, then be informed that most SEO specialists and marketers like Gramista use and insist on using Instagram for business marketing purposes. The Instagram usage stats will reveal how effective a platform it is to increase traffic to your fashion site.
- More than 13. 63% of all users log in to their Instagram account to check the latest updates on their favorite brands at least once in a day
- More than 42% of them check their accounts several times in a day
- On average, the Instagram users spend about 27 minutes every day on the platform in 2017 which will grow to 28 minutes or even more in 2020
- More than 200 million Instagram users visit at least one brand profile every day
- More than 62% of people have purchased a product after seeing it in the Instagram Stories
- Nearly 11% of social media users in the US alone shop on Instagram
- More than 81% of consumers use Instagram to research the products and services they wish to purchase
- There are more than 130 million Instagram users view shopping posts on this platform every month
- More than 50% of all Instagram accounts every month use Explore tab and
- Instagram users are highly engaged as compared to other social media platforms.
With these stats, you should not have any more doubt about the ability of this visual platform to raise traffic to your fashion site.
Instagram influencer marketing
You will get the most out of Instagram and its two million advertisers all over the world if you use influencer marketing. It will give your brand a massive scope to raise traffic to your fashion site. Looking at the upward trajectory of influencer marketing on Instagram, you should start a collaboration immediately.
In 2018, Instagram was used for more than 93% of all influencer marketing campaigns, according to a research report of Webfluential. This is, in fact, more than double of Facebook and YouTube.
According to the research of Mediakix, it is found that:
- Marketers spent more than $1.6 billion on Instagram influencer marketing in 2018
- This is expected to be $1.7 billion in 2019 and
- Cross two billion dollars in 2020.
Instagram has, in fact, leveraged privacy transgressions, which has ideally plagued other social networks, including Facebook. It is, for this reason, it is expected that in 2020 the advertisers will spend more than $2.4 billion on Instagram influencer marketing. All these shows that influencer marketing spends on Instagram will continue to increase and will not stop anytime soon.
It is a natural showcase
Over time, Instagram has become the true showcase for the fashion industry, mainly for its features. These features allow the fashion brands to create much better marketing and brand promotion strategy.
Ideally, the success of a social network is not a matter of size. It is also not the prerogative of the major players.
- It is all about how creative you are and how effective your strategy is.
- Automation is another aspect that you should focus on.
Both these things will ensure that your marketing efforts gain more momentum and provide you with the desired results and traffic to your fashion site.
Reasons for fashion brands thriving
There are lots of reasons fashion brands use Instagram and thrive as a result. It is supposed to be a natural fit for the two. You will come across data that will help you to identify a few of the top-performing and engaging Instagram fashion accounts so that you can take a cue from these accounts to make your account perform well.
It is not only about posting your collection of selfies. It is all about choosing the right ones to tell the story of your brand in the best possible way. This will ensure that you get more followers and interactions. This is precisely what your profiles on Instagram will allow you to do.
You must give enough time to create your Instagram content so that it is exclusive, eye-catching, and tells a story. Remember, your content should be at the core of your Instagram marketing strategy to gain followers and generate traffic to your fashion site.